Since the outbreak of Covid-19, a whole lot has changed and continues to change, including how we live, how we work and relate with one another. Some have mastered this art of online meetings and engagements, some of us are still struggling to understand these tools.
Unfortunately, wrong impressions are formed about those who publicly display their ignorance and it can also be counted as bad manners.
With this new era of video conferencing and online meetings, we have now found that there are a new set of guidelines to follow – things that we might not have needed or be shy to discuss in person, but are worth going over, especially now that many people are working from home. Below are some of the online meeting etiquettes to help you have smooth and effective online meetings.
Online Meeting Ettiquetes
- Avoiding eating and drinking
- Mind your body language,
- Be respectful to whoever is speaking — are no-brainers. So here are seven additional etiquette tips to help ensure a focused and effective Zoom Meeting.
- Use a clean and non-distracting background.
- Try to look into the camera.
- Check your settings before you start
- Stay on mute if you are not talking
- Don’t do other stuff during the meeting
- The host should leave last
With these guidelines, your next online meeting should be a good experience. Please remember to share with those who need this.